Monday, March 16, 2015

Psalm 85-88

Here is a link to the day's psalms at BibleGateway.com

And here are some of my thoughts reading them:

85) Hey God, remember how you forgave us last time and restored us to all that we could be?  Can you do that again...? We PROMISE to do better next time around!

86) vs 11 - Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart to revere your name.
     And let us see when it is our place to teach those around us your ways.

87) I'm not going to pretend to be moved by this psalm in any way... I simply got nothing from it.

88) There is some real, deep, heave emotion here. Almost all of it directed at God for apparently abandoning the psalmist. I wonder why many still feel like we cannot say these sorts of things to God? God can handle all of our anger and pain.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment