Friday, March 20, 2015

Psalm 101-104

I am very sorry about the delay in posting this today. Time and purpose got away from me today. Got a few little extras to try and make up for it...

I hope everyone is having a great day. Here is the link to the psalms at BibleGateway.com.

And here are my thoughts:

101) vs 5 - A haughty look and an arrogant heart I will not tolerate. Nobody like Kentucky or Duke... Shoot most of March Madness could go under this.  **NOTE** It is easy to express this as a Gator fan this basketball season. I will be singing a new song come football season!
     But on a serious note, a lot of us probably take sports to seriously...

102) A lot going on in this psalm. vs 6 - Like an owl in the lonely places. Even owls wil call back and forth to one another.
     Do we still take solace in God's eternal nature vs our finite lives? or do we bemoan our fragility?

103) This is a common or well known psalm. Trying to comprehend how far the east is from the west makes my head hurt.  If you start off going east, you will always be going east, never west...

104) "Bless the LORD oh my soul."
     The footnote in my study bible says "this psalm has similarities with both the Egyptian Hymn of Aten and Genesis 1. Genesis 1 (the story of creation) I am familiar with enough to pick up some of these similarities; but I had to look up the Egyptian hymn and it's history. Here is a link to a fairly brief overview comparing these two works. It is easy to forget that our scriptures and faith did not develop in a vacuum, but were influenced by others.
     All of creation has a place and a job on purpose. God has created everything for it's place and purpose. We are the ones that tend to mess everything up and get the balance off tilt.

What are some of your thoughts reading these psalms today?

No comments:

Post a Comment