Saturday, February 28, 2015

Psalm 21-24

If you're new, please check out the Primer post at the very beginning and thank you for joining us!

Psalm 21-24 @ BibleGateway.com

21) What victories do I seek? What are the enemies that the Lord finds out and makes a fiery furnace? (NRSV)

22) Some of Jesus' last words in Matthew and Mark. Despite the depths of despair here, there are still incredibly strong words of steadfast faith! Even before the LORD's answer

23) The one everyone knows! Why does it seem like we ONLY pull this psalm out during times of darkness? The shepherd always watches the flock, not just when danger threatens.

24) Who shall stand in his holy place? What about Jesus' words: "All who are thirsty come to me and let the one who believes in me drink" -John 7:37-38

Those are my thoughts, what are yours?

-Peter

4 comments:

  1. Prayer taken from souces for today's reading-
    Lord,
    I have relied on you since the day I was born and you have always been my God. My heart is glad in the realization of your eternal love. I know I will never lose your love. Though circumstances and my own obsessions entangle me you will never let me go.
    In the great gathering for worship with fellow God-followers I have discovered praise-life. I'm home in the house of God for the rest of my life. I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
    People not yet born will be told," The Lord saved his people!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! And may the people not yet born say,"The Lord has saved US!"

      Delete
  2. Peter makes a good point:
    24-1 “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,
    the world, and all who live in it;...”
    23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.”
    Nothing can separate us from God's love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have facebook access, don't miss Betsy and Linda Spencer's posts today for some vivid examples of the Lord's people enjoying his winter creations!

      Delete