Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Psalm 13-16

Thank you for participating and sharing your thoughts today!

Check out the very first Primer post if this is your first time visiting to get a good idea of the practice.

Link to Psalm 13-16 at BibleGateway.com

13) vs 1-2 How long? How long? How long? How long? It can feel like "God's time" can take forever!

14) vs 3 - Everyone has gone astray. They are all evil doers. There is no one who does good, not one! Without a healthy community to surround yourself it is easy to believe that you are the only one doing good.

15) vs 2-5 list of traits of the righteous or How to get into the tent of the LORD. Where would my day's actions stand against this list?

16) vs 5-8 I have chosen the LORD, and I am rewarded because of my good and wise choice.

Prayer: God of creation, ever creating, help me to rely less on myself and more on you. Open my eyes to your guidance and the blessings that you have bestowed on me. Amen

6 comments:

  1. Even in the darkest,blackest night I will continue to trust in your ever present love for I know you will not abandon me. The evil and wickedness around me are a great source of frustration. Yet I know that you are with me to guide me on the path of life.Surrounded by the Lord's faithfulpeople brings me joy and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15- who can come before God? Psalm 15 is old covenant thinking- it is what we do to be worthy. New covenant reality is God has already done it for us and in Christ we are welcome to enter just as we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 16: This one resonates with me. Many of the things touched upon here, often show up in my own prayers. Acknowledgment that all good things come from God...thanks for those people in my life that help me stay on the path...hope for strength to follow said path.....request for God's leading...thanks to God for his many blessings...desire for God's protection....thanks for the Holy Spirit.
    This is the first Psalm so far that really feels like something I could have written and lifted up to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm - taking a little time to write out a prayer to God - just one of our daily prayers- might help us focus on what we really want to dialog about. will try a small one tomorrow. thanks for the idea that we can all be psalm writers in our time!

      Delete
  4. 16:2 “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” speaks to and encourages me today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its good to end the day today with Psm 16 from "The Message': "Keep me safe, O GOd. I've run for dear life to you. I say to God, "Be my Lord!" Without you nothing makes sense....My choice is you, God, first and only, And now I find I'm your choice!...Ever since you took my hand, I;m on the right way." What a simple, beautiful expression of faith and dependence on God!

    ReplyDelete